Sunday, July 28, 2013

My boobs hurt: eleven days post-insemination


Watch Animal Odd Couples on PBS. See more from Nature.
I am trying mightily not to psych myself out with pregnancy paranoia, but my bosom is trying mightily to remind me of what's possible.  It's adorable, but I'm wearing a sports bra while watching a PBS documentary about Animal Odd Couples (dog & deer friends, et al), and I don't much care for sports bras.  This should not be strenuous for anything but my tear glands.

I noticed the achiness in the past few days, and it seemed to ramp up yesterday.  Per Heather's demands, I qualified the pain as 5 out of 10, and it hasn't gone away.  All day yesterday, all night, all morning.  Heather, of course, is skeptical, and I'm trying to pretend it's just incidental, but it's rare for me to have breast pain at this point in my cycle-- about 20 days in-- and, even when PMS is in play, it's rare for the pain to be so consistent.  In fact, Heather's determination to fight optimism and "signs" prompted her to give my lovely lady lumps a hearty shake this morning-- "just to see if you're lying," she said.  I was not pleased.

So meanwhile I've continued to build on my musical repertoire:

Suck up nutrients and build your strength
Build your strength
Build your strength
Suck up nutrients and build your strength
Then be a big fat baby.

Soak up flaxseed and green tea
Flaxseed and green tea
Flaxseed and green tea
Soak up flaxseed and green tea
Till you dilate my cervix

No comments:

Post a Comment